In this step you decide how your workflow will start. The trigger in your workflow is the event that initiates the workflow’s execution.
Select Greenhouse as your trigger source app
From the 'Select Trigger' dropdown you can select which Greenhouse trigger you like to initiate the workflow execution:
a. Candidate Hired or;
b. Candidate Rejected
In the trigger step it is mandatory to add a primary condition. We recommend using the following trigger: ‘Can email candidate = true’. This condition refers to the Greenhouse settings where you can mark a candidate as ‘Do not email’.
Here you can add extra conditions (e.g. Rejection Type or Rejection Stage) to specify when the workflow can continue.
Add more conditions with the 'Add condition' button or if you're done setting up the trigger click on ‘Update Trigger’ and 'Save Trigger'
- The workflow trigger can only be linked to 2 actions from Greenhouse: Candidate Hired or Candidate Rejected
- The trigger in Starred is based on the rejection itself, not based on the (scheduled) rejection email
- It's not possible to trigger on status change (e.g. candidate moves from phone interview to onsite interview)
- It's not possible to trigger on requisition closed
- Looking to trigger surveys for Hiring Managers? You can also use the trigger Candidate Rejected or Candidate Hired and then you can create an extra Action (Get Hiring Managers). See Step 3.
- In the trigger you can only use a ‘is’ filter, in the Filter step you can also set up ‘is not’, 'contains' and 'Does not contain' filters
Updated 3 months ago
How to set up workflow filters?