Our sender addresses feature allows you to create an "alias" email address to use as the sender of your surveys.
The advantages to having an alias address instead of using an existing email address are:
- You do not need to add this email address as a user in Starred. You can create one from your settings and then select it as the sender of your survey, either when you invite manually or in your workflows.
- These email addresses don’t need to be existing email addresses and have an inbox, that’s why we call them alias. This saves you time having to open an email account with an email provider and monitoring it.
- They are easily edited in case you need to make changes (for instance, you want to switch from [email protected] to [email protected]).
To add your alias email addresses, you can follow these steps:
- Contact our Customer Support team and ask them to add your preferred domain(s) to your account. You can add several different domains that you can then use to create your alias addresses.
- Once your domains are added, go to Company Settings and select the tab Sender Addresses
- Click on the Create new sender button and give it a name (which will be shown in the invitation template) and the email address with your preferred domain that our Support team has added for you.
- Click on Save and you’ll be directed to the second step, which is choosing a photo.
Please note:only users who have the access right Can edit company details will be able to set up sender email addresses. To learn how to set up colleagues' access rights, you can visit this page.
When you're ready to send out your survey, you can follow the steps to invite your contacts that are highlighted in our dedicated article.
On the invitation composer page, you'll have the chance to select the sender of your survey. From the list of available contacts, choose your alias sender address:
When you have created your alias sender address, you’ll be able to select it to be the sender of the survey in Starred Connect at the last step of your workflow, the Action - Send or Schedule invitations step.
To learn more about Starred Connect and to learn how to set up a workflow based on your integration, click here.
Please note that to be able to create alias sender addresses your user profile needs to be granted the specific access rights. If you try to view a section of Starred that you're not allowed to view you'll be informed with a pop-up notification.
Updated 5 months ago