Tips & Tricks Workday workflows
- Filter and action steps can only be added by clicking on the ‘+’ symbol at the end of the current workflow. It is not possible to drag and drop (filter/action) steps in the middle of a workflow
- You always need to update the trigger/filter/action and save workflow, for the adjustments to be properly saved
- The workflow trigger can be linked to 3 actions from Workday: Candidate Rejected, Candidate Withdrawn or Candidate Hired
- In the trigger you can only use a ‘is’ filter, in the Filter step you can also set up ‘is not’, 'contains' and 'Does not contain' filters
- The filters in starred work as AND filters, not OR filters. This means that you can’t add two Candidate Stages in the workflow since a candidate is always rejected after being in one specific candidate stage
- Filters will only work when the filters you add are spelled the exact same way as in your Workday account. To use filters in the correct way, it is really important to know all existing conditions for every field in your Workday account. logs and notifications
Send or Schedule Invitations
- When choosing the number of days delay in sending the survey, keep in mind the number of days delay used for sending your rejection emails from Workday. The delay in Starred is based on the rejection date in Workday, not based on when your rejection email is sent from Workday.
- Sender: you have options here. You can use a generic email address or create an "alias sender address". Please note: if you choose a generic email address, that address always needs to be an active user in Starred. For this reason we recommend opting for the "alias sender address" option, which you can find explained at this page.
Updated 10 months ago