- Filter and action steps can only be added by clicking on the ‘+’ symbol at the end of the current workflow. It is not possible to drag and drop (filter/action) steps in the middle of a workflow.
- In the ‘Action’ step in Starred: Switching between Send/Schedule invitation will remove all additional information. That is: custom fields, feedback survey, etc.
- You always need to update the trigger/filter/action and click 'Save workflow', for your adjustments to be properly saved
- It’s not possible to trigger on status change (e.g. candidate moves from in-review to interview)
- In the trigger you can only use a ‘is’ filter, in the Filter step you can also set up ‘is not’, 'contains' and 'Does not contain' filters
- The filter conditions in Starred can either work as 'and' or 'or' conditions. If you use 'and', this means that all conditions need to be satisfied at the same time for the workflow to continue. If you use 'or', you can create different blocks. This is very useful when you want to trigger the same survey to candidates at different stages of the pipeline.
- To use filters in the correct way it is really important to know all existing conditions for every field in your SmartRecruiters environment. When you’ve connected SmartRecruiters with your Starred account, you can find these values in your logs and notifications as well.
- When choosing the number of days delay in sending the survey, keep in mind the number of days delay used for sending your rejection emails from SmartRecruiters. The delay in Starred is based on the rejection date in SmartRecruiters, not based on when your rejection email is sent from SmartRecruiters.
- Starred Action: Switching between Send Invitation or Schedule Invitation will remove all other fields in this Action Step. This means that all previously filled out custom fields, selected feedback survey, etc. will be lost.
- Sender: you have options here. You can use a user email address or create an "alias sender address". We recommend opting for the "alias sender address" option, which you can find explained at this page.
- Custom fields:
- ou can add custom fields to received responses but it's a very time consuming task and not something you want to do for more than a few responses. For this reason, we recommend adding all custom fields before you enable your workflow. Removing custom fields from the workflow is possible at any time.
- Fields are case sensitive
- Specify custom field names without spaces (e.g JobName)
- When using the same Custom fields in multiple workflows, the notations (capital sensitive!) need to
be the exact same.
Workflow A: JobName =
Workflow B: Jobname = this is wrong! Use: JobName
- By default, Starred already adds custom fields to your responses. Please see here to learn which ones.
- Reminders are not customizable, by default Starred sends a reminder 6 calendar days after the initial invitation.
Updated 4 months ago