Step 1. Choose a trigger
The start of the workflow
In this step you decide how your workflow will start. The trigger in your workflow is the event that initiates the workflow’s execution.
- Select Greenhouse as your Trigger source app
- From the Select Trigger dropdown you can select which Greenhouse trigger you like to initiate the workflow execution:
a. Candidate Applied
b. Candidate Hired
c. Candidate Rejected
d. Offer Created
In the trigger step you can also add extra conditions (e.g. Rejection Type or Rejection Stage) to specify when the workflow can continue. Add more conditions by selecting the '+' button.
When you have finished setting up your trigger step, select Update Trigger and then Save Workflow .
Starred will prompt you to give your workflow a name.
Tips & Tricks
- The trigger for rejected candidates is based on the action of the rejection itself, not based on the (scheduled) rejection email from Greenhouse. Keep this in mind while creating your workflows.
- It's not possible to trigger on status change (e.g. candidate moves from phone interview to onsite interview)
- It's not possible to trigger on Requisition closed
- Looking to trigger surveys for Hiring Managers? You can also use the trigger Candidate Rejected or Candidate Hired and then you can create an extra Action (Get Hiring Managers). See Step 3.
- In the Trigger you can only use a ‘is’ filter, in the Filter step you can also set up ‘is not’, 'contains' and 'Does not contain' filter conditions.
Updated 4 months ago