Generally speaking, we recommend having a dedicated email address to use as the sender of your surveys.
Using a dedicated email address allows you to:
- Send survey invitations on behalf of your company or TA/Recruitment Team or HR Department instead of sending them from one individual within your organization.
- Create a persona around this email address with its own name Talent Team or Candidate Experience and profile picture.
You have a couple of options for approaching this via Starred.
You can create an email address with its own inbox to be used specifically for your feedback surveys.
Then, you can add this email address as a colleague in Starred via the Colleagues section.
This way, you will be able to select it as the sender of your surveys, either when sending them out manually (applicable for Employee Engagement accounts) or via Starred Connect (applicable for Candidate Experience customers).
When you use an existing email address with its own inbox, you're also able to receive notification emails or firefight emails.
- Candidate Experience: we recommend creating an email address for your Talent/Recruitment Team. It can contain the words recruiting@, talent@ or candidateexperience@.
- Employee Engagement: we recommend creating an email address for your HR Team. It can contain the words hr@ or similar.
To select this email address as the sender of your survey you have to add it as a user in Starred and then either select it as the sender when uploading your invitation files or select it as the sender in your workflows.
At the bottom of this page you'll find links to the most relevant support page articles.
You can also choose not to go through the hassle of creating an email address with its own inbox and choose to use our "alias sender address" feature.
This way, you'll still create an email address that looks legit, so you can follow the advice we gave in the previous paragraph, but the address does not actually have to exist so doesn't need to be added as a user in Starred.
Also with this solution, you will be able to select it as the sender of your surveys, either when sending them out manually (applicable for Employee Engagement accounts) or via Starred Connect (applicable for Candidate Experience customers).
You can create an alias sender address via your settings, at this link.
Based on your needs, please refer to the following articles:
- How to add a colleague to Starred
- How to create an alias sender address
- How to choose the sender of your invitation when inviting manually
- Sending out surveys automatically via an integration: general article (you can refer to the guide of your ATS and look at the last Action step which is where you will select the sender)
Updated 25 days ago