For setting up your invitation settings, you can follow the steps below:
1.Click on ‘Action’ and Select Starred as your destination app.
- In the Starred action you can choose between two options:
a. Send invitation - to send the survey upon workflow execution or;
b. Schedule invitation - to schedule the invitation with a static delay up to 30 days (we recommend to schedule an invitation)
In the step Select your Feedback Survey Template you can choose the survey you would like to send to your respondents.
In the next step, Select Email Template, you select the invitation text template you would like to accompany your survey with. (In this Support article you can read how to create email invitation templates.) Now select ‘English’ as a language.
At Sender Settings you can specify the sender email address of the surveys. We recommend using the ‘Fill in manually’ option. (Note: The email address you fill in here needs to be a user in Starred. You can add this email address as a user to your Starred account via this link.)
In Recipient Settings you can select the recipient information. First Name, Last Name and Email are mandatory fields.
In Custom fields you can set up custom fields to segment your data in your Dashboard after receiving responses. On the right you can select a field from your SmartRecruiters environment, on the left you can specify the name of this custom field. We recommend adding the specified name without spaces as these fields can also be used to customize your invitation text with. (To learn more how you can customize your invitation text, please see this link.)
The following fields are recommended:
Do you want to learn more about the description of custom fields and/or differences between custom fields? Please see this support page for extra information.
- At Email reminder you can set a reminder between 1-14 days. If the recipient doesn’t respond to the feedback survey, we will send a friendly reminder after 6 days after the initial invitation. These reminders are not customizable. You can choose after how many days from the initial invitation you want the reminder to be sent out: between 1 and 14 days.
- Starred Action: Switching between Send Invitation or Schedule Invitation will remove all other fields in this Action Step. This means that all previously filled out custom fields, selected feedback survey, etc. will be lost.
- Sender: You can use a generic email address or link back to a previous SmartRecruiters step (e.g. recruiter email address). Please note: the Sender always needs to be an active user in Starred. For this reason we recommend to use a generic sender address, to prevent extra user management. (i.e. [email protected]).
- Custom fields:
- Fields are case sensitive
- Specify custom field names without spaces (e.g JobName)
- When using the same Custom fields in multiple workflows, the notations (capital sensitive!) need to
be the exact same.
Workflow A: JobName =
Workflow B: Jobname = this is wrong! Use: JobName
- Reminders are not customizable, by default Starred sends a reminder 6 calendar days after the initial invitation.
Updated about 1 month ago
How to test your SmartRecruiters workflow?