Step 3. Action - Send or Schedule invitation
In this step, you can set up all settings for sending your survey invitations
Here you will be able to edit settings regarding the sending of your invitation.
1. From the 'Selected Starred action' dropdown select one of the following 2 options:
- 'Send Invitation': to send the survey upon workflow execution or;
- 'Schedule Invitation': to schedule an invitation. We recommend choosing for a static delay period, here you can select a delay up to 180 days
2. In the step Starred Survey Template you can select the survey you would like to send to your respondents.
3. In the next step, Email Invite Template, you need to select the invitation template you would like to accompany your survey. In this support page, you can read how to create invitation templates. Now select 'English' as a language (in case you would like to send your survey in English)
5 Under Sender Settings you specify the sender of the surveys. You can choose the email address of one of your colleagues or you can choose an alias sender address. The difference here is that the "colleague's" address needs to be an active user in Starred (you can add this email address as a user to your Starred account via this link), so it also needs to have an actual inbox, while the sender address is an alias email address that you can create in your Settings and that doesn't actually exist. You can read up more on this feature here.
5. In Recipient Settings you can select the recipient information. First Name, Last Name and Email are mandatory fields.
6. In Custom fields you can set up custom fields to segment your data in your dashboard after receiving responses. On the right you can select a field from your Workflow environment, on the left you can specify the name of this custom field. We recommend adding the specified name without spaces as these fields can also be used to customize your invitation text.
The following fields are recommended:
We recommend using the same spelling for custom fields in each workflow to facilitate the comparison of data.
7. At Email reminder you can set a reminder. If the recipient doesn’t respond to the feedback survey, we will send a friendly reminder after the initial invitation. You can choose after how many days from the initial invitation you want the reminder to be sent out: between 1 and 14 days.
Updated 11 months ago