Your final workflow step consists of settings up your survey invitation settings.
- If you're building your workflows from scratch, click on "Action" and Select Starred as your destination app.
- If you're using one of our templates, you can open the last step called "Action: Starred as destination" in edit mode.
You can choose between two options:
- Send invitation - to send the survey upon workflow execution or;
- Schedule invitation - to schedule an invitation. We recommend choosing for a static delay period, here you can select a delay up to 180 days. Please note: When choosing the number of days delay in sending the survey, keep in mind the number of days delay used for sending your rejection emails from your ATS, if you are sending one.
Please note: switching between Send Invitation or Schedule Invitation after having completed all next steps will remove all other fields in this Action Step. This means that all previously filled out custom fields, selected survey, etc. will be lost.
In the step Starred Survey Template you can select the survey you would like to send to your respondents.
In the next step, Email Invite Template, you need to select the invitation template you would like to accompany your survey. In this support page, you can read how to create invitation templates. Now select 'English' as a language (in case you would like to send your survey in English)
Under Sender Settings you specify the sender of the surveys.
You can choose between:
- the email address of one of your colleagues (you can add this email address as a user to your Starred account via this link)
- an alias sender address
Please note: the difference between choosing an existing user in the account or an "alias" sender address is that the "colleague's" address needs to be an active user in Starred, so it also needs to have an actual inbox, while the sender address is an alias email address that you can create in your Settings and that doesn't actually exist. You can read up more on this feature here.
In Recipient Settings you can select the recipient information. First Name, Last Name and Email are mandatory fields.
In Custom fields you can set up custom fields to segment your data in your dashboard after receiving responses. On the right you can select a field from your Workflow environment, on the left you can specify the name of this custom field. We recommend adding the specified name without spaces as these fields can also be used to customize your invitation text.
The following fields are recommended:
- Adding custom fields to received responses can be done but is extremely time consuming and should only be reserved for specific cases, as it cannot be done in bulk. For this reason, we recommend to add all custom fields before you enable your workflow. Removing custom fields from the workflow is possible at any time.
- Fields are case sensitive
- Type custom field names without spaces (e.g JobName)
- When using the same Custom fields in multiple workflows, the notations (capital sensitive!) should be the exact same to facilitate the comparison of data.
Workflow A: JobName =
Workflow B: Jobname = this is wrong! Use: JobName
- By default, Starred already adds two custom fields to your responses:
- TimetoProcess: relates to the number of days a candidate has been in the hiring process: from
application date to hire/rejected date
- source: relates to the hiring source
At Email reminder you can set a reminder. If the recipient doesn’t respond to the feedback survey, we will send a friendly reminder after the initial invitation. You can choose after how many days from the initial invitation you want the reminder to be sent out: between 1 and 14 days.
Updated 15 days ago