For setting up your invitation settings, you can follow the steps below:
Click on ‘Action’ and Select Starred as your destination app.
In Starred action you can choose between two options:
a. Send invitation - to send the survey upon workflow execution or;
b. Schedule invitation - to schedule an invitation. We recommend choosing for a static delay period, here you can select a delay up to 180 days
Note: When choosing the number of days delay in sending the survey, keep in mind the number of days delay used for sending your rejection emails from Greenhouse. The delay in Starred is based on the rejection date in Greenhouse, not based on when your rejection email is sent from Greenhouse.
In the step Starred Survey Template you need to choose the survey you would like to send to your respondents.
In the next step Email Invite Template, you can select the email template you want to use for the workflow. Here you can read how to compose your invitation text or choose one of our invitation templates.
Under Sender Settings you specify the sender of the surveys. You can choose the email address of one of your colleagues or you can choose an alias sender address. The difference here is that the "colleague's" address needs to be an active user in Starred (you can add this email address as a user to your Starred account via this link), so it also needs to have an actual inbox, while the sender address is an alias email address that you can create in your Settings and that doesn't actually exist. You can read up more on this feature here.
Under Recipient Settings you can select the recipient information. Candidate First Name, Candidate Last Name and Candidate Email (Personal). For Candidate Email you have 4 options: Candidate Email (Personal), Candidate Email (Work), Candidate Email (Other) or Candidate Email (Last Updated). (Tip: Using the Last Updated email address ensures you are using the same email address that you use to communicate with the candidate.)
- In Custom fields you can add fields to filter the responses in your Dashboard. On the right side column, you can select a field from your Greenhouse environment and on the left you can specify the name of this custom field. The specified name will be used in the Starred platform. (Note: See Tips & Tricks below on tips on naming your custom fields.)
Do you want to learn more about the description of custom fields and/or differences between custom fields? Please see this support page for extra information.
Custom fields on job and candidate level in Greenhouse
Besides the standard custom fields, we also offer the possibility to pull custom fields on job and candidate level from your Greenhouse environment. To search for these, type in 'custom' in the search bar to retrieve a list of your custom fields that are available.
Note: we can pull all field types on job and candidate level except the following: 'Multi select', 'Currency range' and 'Number range'.
Note: there is a limitation of 100 custom job and/or candidate fields we can pull from your Greenhouse environment.
- At Email reminder you can set a reminder. If the recipient doesn’t respond to the feedback survey, we will send a friendly reminder after the initial invitation. You can choose after how many days from the initial invitation you want the reminder to be sent out: between 1 and 14 days.
- Starred Action: Switching between Send Invitation or Schedule Invitation will remove all other fields in this Action Step. Which means all previously filled out custom fields, selected feedback survey, etc. will be lost.
- Email Invite Template: In Greenhouse workflows English is the only language you can select
- Sender: You can use a generic email address or link back to a previous greenhouse step (e.g. recruiter email address). Please note: the Sender always needs to be an active user in Starred. For this reason we recommend to use a generic sender address, to prevent extra user management. (i.e. [email protected]).
- Recipient email address: Using the Candidate Email (Last Updated) ensures you are using the same email address that you use to communicate with the candidate.
- Custom fields:
- You can't add custom fields to received responses. For this reason, we recommend to add all custom fields before you enable your workflow. Removing custom fields from the workflow is possible at any time.
- Fields are case sensitive
- Specify custom field names without spaces (e.g JobName)
- When using the same Custom fields in multiple workflows, the notations (capital sensitive!) need to be the exact same.
Workflow A: JobName =
Workflow B: Jobname = this is wrong! Use: JobName
- By default, Starred already adds two custom fields to your responses:
- TimetoProcess: relates to the number of days a candidate has been in the hiring process: from
application date to hire/rejected date
- source: relates to the hiring source
Updated 3 months ago