Your final workflow step consists of settings up your survey invitation settings.
- If you're building your workflows from scratch, click on "Action" and Select Starred as your destination app.
- If you're using one of our templates, you can open the last step called "Action: Starred as destination" in edit mode.
You can choose between two options:
- Send invitation - to send the survey upon workflow execution or;
- Schedule invitation - to schedule an invitation. We recommend choosing for a static delay period, here you can select a delay up to 180 days. Please note: When choosing the number of days delay in sending the survey, keep in mind the number of days delay used for sending your rejection emails from SuccessFactors. The delay in Starred is based on the rejection date in SuccessFactors, not based on when your rejection email is sent from SuccessFactors.
Please note: switching between Send Invitation or Schedule Invitation after having completed all next steps will remove all other fields in this Action Step. This means that all previously filled out custom fields, selected survey, etc. will be lost.
In the step Starred Survey Template you need to choose the survey you would like to send to your respondents.
In the next step Email Invite Template, you can select the email template you want to use for the workflow. Here you can read how to compose your invitation text or choose one of our invitation templates.
Under Sender Settings you can choose the sender of the surveys. You can choose the email address of one of your colleagues or you can choose an alias sender address. The difference here is that the "colleague's" address needs to be an active user in Starred (you can add this email address as a user to your Starred account via this link), so it also needs to have an actual inbox, while the sender address is an alias email address that you can create in your Settings and that doesn't actually exist. You can read up more on this feature here.
Under Recipient Settings you can select the recipient information. Candidate First Name, Candidate Last Name and Candidate Email.
In Custom fields you can add fields to filter the responses in your Dashboard.
Starred can pull any field that is not a relation. That includes any standard fields from SAP SuccessFactors and any custom fields you add to candidate profiles, job requisitions and job applications.
On the right side column, you can select a field from your SAP SuccessFactors environment and on the left you can specify the name of this custom field. The specified name will be used in the Starred platform. (Note: See Tips & Tricks below on tips on naming your custom fields.)
Please note: the order you add fields to the workflows also matches the order in which the fields are displayed in CSV exports when you download your responses.
- Adding custom fields to received responses can be done but is extremely time consuming and should only be reserved for specific cases, as it cannot be done in bulk. For this reason, we recommend to add all custom fields before you enable your workflow. Removing custom fields from the workflow is possible at any time.
- Fields are case sensitive
- Type custom field names without spaces (e.g JobName)
- When using the same Custom fields in multiple workflows, the notations (capital sensitive!) should be the exact same to facilitate the comparison of data.
Workflow A: JobName =
Workflow B: Jobname = this is wrong! Use: JobName
- By default, Starred already adds two custom fields to your responses:
- TimetoProcess: relates to the number of days a candidate has been in the hiring process: from
application date to hire/rejected date
- source: relates to the hiring source
At Email reminder you can set a reminder. If the recipient doesn’t respond to the feedback survey, we will send a friendly reminder after the initial invitation. You can choose after how many days from the initial invitation you want the reminder to be sent out: between 1 and 14 days.
Updated 15 days ago