Greenhouse Workflow builder
Once you have connected your Greenhouse environment to your Starred account, you can start to automate your feedback by setting up workflows in Starred.
Setting up your workflow
To create a workflow, you can follow these steps:
- Access the Integrations section in Starred
- Click on the ’Manage’ button for Greenhouse (if you haven’t connected Greenhouse yet, you can check out the dedicated tutorial here
- In the top right corner of the workflow overview page, you'll see a 'Create Workflow' button.
You can choose between creating your own workflow from scratch or using one of our pre-built workflow templates. We recommend using one of our templates and customizing the workflow to fit your own needs and preferences.
If you choose to use one of the templates, you'll be able to preview it and then add it to your list. Otherwise, you can click on 'Build your own workflow' and start building your workflow.
A workflow consists of the following elements:
- a Trigger step
- a first Action step
- a Filter step
- a second Action step
Let’s go through them one by one!
Every workflow starts with a trigger: This is an event that happens in the application. For example, rejecting a candidate in your ATS can be a trigger. Whenever the conditions chosen for the trigger step are met, the workflow execution will start.
The first action step is meant to retrieve the information from the application that you’ve integrated to use it into Starred Connect. If you have chosen one of our templates, you won’t really need to touch this step.
Filters are a way to ensure actions get performed only on the records you want.
Let’s say you want to send out a survey when a candidate is rejected: this will be determined in the first step, the trigger. However, if you want to exclude candidates that are rejected for a specific reason or you want to exclude internal candidates, you can add a filter at this step. Even if the survey is triggered, the filter will block it and the workflow won’t continue.
The last step of the workflow, again another action step, will perform the actions that you have defined. These actions include:
- Sending a survey invitation immediately or scheduling it for later
- Selecting the survey that should be sent and the invitation email template to go with it
- Selecting the sender of the survey
- Selecting the custom fields from your application that should be attached to the responses (like the application ID, the job name, the location)
- Choosing if you want a reminder to be sent to contacts that have not completed the survey
Now that you have a better idea of what a workflow looks like, it’s time to start building your own!
To help you create a workflow, we've broken down the process in a series of tutorials. Please click on one of the tutorials below to learn everything about setting up your Greenhouse workflows:
. Choose a trigger
. Setting up workflow filters
. Add Greenhouse 'Get actions'
. Send or schedule your invitations
Tips & Tricks
- Filter and action steps can only be added by clicking on the ‘+’ symbol at the end of the current workflow. It is not possible to drag and drop (filter/action) steps in the middle of a workflow.
- You always need to update the trigger/filter/action and click 'Save workflow' for your adjustments to be properly saved.
Updated 9 days ago
How to choose a trigger for your workflow?