- Your Salesforce application needs to be connected. To find out how; go to Connecting Salesforce
- You need a workflow that already has a trigger. Find out more Sending survey invites
A query will look up data in an objectobject - Object refers to a collection of similar items in the application. For example: Accounts, Cases and Contacts are objects in Salesforce by using data from a different object.
- Add a step to your workflow by clicking the '+' button.
- Select Salesforce as the destination app
- From the 'Select Action' dropdown select the object you want to get the data from.
- For the 'Fields' dropdown select the field you want to get the data from
- Use the 'Expression' to compare it to data from a previous workflow step
- From the 'Workflow Step' dropdown select the object that will be used to match the object you are querying.
- From the 'Field' dropdown select the field that will be used to match the object you are querying.
- Click 'Update Action'
By selecting the workflow step that you just created in subsequent workflow steps you gain access to the information in the object that you queried.
Updated about 3 years ago