From your Survey overview, open the dropdown menu for the survey you'd like to send out and select Invite new respondents.
A screen with three different invite options appears and here you can choose who you want to invite and how you want to do that. You can choose from the following options:
- Add manually;
- Upload contacts by using a .csv file;
- Copy/paste from .csv
- Just me (this last option will not be explored as it can be used to test your own invitation email and survey.
You may want to add contacts manually when the invitation batches are small and you don't want to assign any custom fields to the invitation text.
- Click on 'Add manually'
- Type first name, last name, and email address of the contacts you want to invite
- Click on 'Compose' once you're done
Uploading a .csv file allows you to upload a large number of contacts at once and enrich your recipients with custom fields. Here, you find instructions on how to create the right file and how to save this as a .csv file. Once your .csv file is ready click on 'Upload CSV', then on 'Upload file' and on 'Compose' when you're done.
Please note: when a .csv file contains the same email address more than once, duplicates are automatically deleted by Starred.
A quick copy and paste option from Excel is also possible.
- Select all fields: First name, Last name, Email address, etc. from your Excel file. Make sure you copy/paste the first row (with column titles) as well!
- Click on 'Copy/paste from CSV'
- Paste it into the white box that appears
- Click on 'Compose' when you're done.
All of these options will redirect you to the invitation text composer where you can review your invitation text, select the right template to send and adjust other settings such as the sender and the reminder.
Updated 10 days ago